Concept Check Questions
• What are two structures bacteria use to attach to a biofilm?
• Which two motility machineries are related to the type II secretion system?
• Which motility machinery is related to the type III secretion system injectisome?
• What does Bdellovibrio bacteriovorus use to latch onto its prey?
• Christie (2019). The rich tapestry of bacterial protein translocation systems .
• Flemming et al. (2016). Biofilms: An emergent form of bacterial life .
• Patz et al. (2019). Phage tail-like particles are versatile bacterial nanomachines .
• Sockett (2009). Predatory lifestyle of Bdellovibrio bacteriovorus .