Concept Check Questions
• What is the most important low-copy-number component of the cell?
• What are the two ways bacteria can form daughter cells?
• What cytoskeletal element do most bacteria use for cytokinesis?
• What eukaryotic constriction system is related to the archaeal Cdv system?
• Badrinarayanan et al. (2015). Bacterial chromosome organization and segregation .
• Hirsch (1974). Budding bacteria .
• Laloux and Jacobs-Wagner (2014). How do bacteria localize proteins to the cell pole? .
• Reyes-Lamothe et al. (2012). Chromosome replication and segregation in bacteria .