Concept Check Questions
• What is the lattice arrangement of chemoreceptors in a sensory array?
• Which proteins make up the baseplate of a chemosensory array?
• What happens to the flagellar motor when a response regulator binds?
• What cytoskeletal element organizes magnetosomes into a chain?
• Berg (1988). A physicist looks at bacterial chemotaxis .
• Hazelbauer et al. (2008). Bacterial chemoreceptors: High-performance signaling in networked arrays .
• Lower and Bazylinski (2013). The bacterial magnetosome: A unique prokaryotic organelle .
• Schuergers et al. (2016). Cyanobacteria use micro-optics to sense light direction .